Saturday, July 31, 2010

I impact little ones

Today, one of the girl in my KidzNet Saturday Programme cried. I thought she was doing well but suddenly, she just broke into tears. No one knew why she cried. Her father came over and calm her down. I had to get the class going so her father took her out for awhile. When she came back to join the class, she looked alright but somehow different. I cannot help but wonder what upset her.

I spoke to her after the lesson and asked her why she cried. She kept quiet and kept shaking her head. That instant, I pray and ask Lord to work through me so I can help this girl. As I was praying in my mind, I could see tears filling her eyes and instantly I told her: "Hey Abi, I'm not angry with you! I just want to be your friend and be there for you when you are upset. I want to help you too." She looked at me and said very softly because she felt she wasn't playing well as I had blown her for 2 obstructions. I couldn't help it and I said to her: "Silly girl!" then I went on and told her that when I just started learning netball, I had more than 2 obstruction but I told myself, never mind, I will learn and in the end I played well. What made my day was she left the training smiling.

-------

Anyway, after the coaching session and since I am at CCAB, I decided to make use of the facilities available there. I went for a run. Actually, to be more accurate, I did a circuit. This is the 1st circuit after (self-proclaim) recovering from my knee injury. I ran 1 round around the track followed by 20 push-ups, 20 crutches and 20 star jumps. Unfortunately, I only managed to do 2sets of it. Target for next Sat is to do 3 sets.

Come to think of it, my job gives me a good opportunity to workout everyday. I just need to plan to see which school I can do my circuit trainings at the same time giving me enough time allowance to travel from school to school and have lunch. Tomorrow is the start of new DB season and I am not attending training due as I have to serve at Rock Kidz. I would say I am still relatively new in the team so I am not sure if I can get a seat for SRR. Well, leave it to God. Meanwhile, hope all my little efforts in training myself up will help

God's will be done :)

-------

Today is Baby Zach's 1st month celebration! Well, I was quite tired from a week of coaching and still recovering from flu so I wasn't really going around talking to the relatives. Only sticked with my closest cousin, Pam. Honestly, that was good enough for me. It's such a blessing to be able to spend quality time with your family. Just looking at everybody's happy faces, I am blessed! Yeah. It is really just this simple for me.

-------

Well, enough of updates! Time to sleep. Tomorrow is Sunday. The day I commit my time to serve none but Daddy God. To serve in Rock Kidz is the most amazing experience ever. To see how Daddy God impact the little ones is just awesome. Pointing them to Jesus, helping them know Jesus and His loveliness. How cool is this!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment