Sunday, April 25, 2010

The moment

They say: "Life is short, paddle hard." In my opinion, it should be... "The race is short, paddle hard."

The PA race is finally over.

It is a cruel fact that the results of every team's hardwork during training, is reflected during that few minutes on the water in that 300m race. Before every race, it is a common sight that teams will gather to warm up, talk about their strategies and get their state of mind into the race. After the race, teams will gather to reflect on what needs to be maintain, what needs to be re-fine and how they can outwin ourselves in the next race.

This is my virgin race and i gave it to Kiyah-Splashh!. Being able to row in the mixed team today gave me a good experience of what a race is like. The technical aspects, strategies to stay remember and also the intensity of racing. After the race, I felt the need to build up my fitness level, work on recovery time and re-fine my stroke techniques. I have 3 more trainings to work on these.

As for fitness, I am definately not a weekend warrior. Reservoir run on Tuesdays, Netball training on Wednesdays and Saturday mornings, Gym on Thursdays, water training on Saturday & Sunday (land training on Sunday too) till May race.

Well, no matter what, it is all up in my head. I am my greatest enemy. No one can stop me except me and I know I want to race in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment